The natural oils found in roses help lock moisture into the skin which helps to keep the skin feeling smooth and soft.You would also find roses being used in facials and other things. Roses have splendid beauty benefits associated with them.Rose water is also known for its health and beauty benefits.
Beauty and Health Benefits of Rose
The natural oils found in roses help lock moisture into the skin, keeping skin feeling smooth. Rose is especially beneficial for those with sensitive skin because the sugars in its petals create a soothing feeling.
Rose water is considered to be a natural toner for your skin. Once you return home from work, take a swab of cotton dipped in rose water and gently wipe your face in a circular motion. This will help get rid of the dirt as well as makeup.
The natural oils found in roses help retain moisture in the skin. This results in your skin feeling smooth and soft. The sugars in rose petals especially benefit those with sensitive skin.
Acts as sunscreen
Due to the high amount of Vitamin C found in Roses it is a wonderful Antioxidant that can help protect skin cells from damage due to sun.Make a lotion by mixing cucumber juice, glycerin and rose water and apply it on your skin before heading out in the sun.
Helps fight acne
Naturally antibacterial rose essential oil makes can help treat acne and acne-prone skin. Combined with its cleansing properties, rose makes an ideal ingredient in face washes and cleansers.
Prevent dark circles
Soak thin swabs of cotton in rose water and put them on your eyes to prevent dark circles.
In a bad mood or feel the stress? Known as a powerful mood enhancer, add rose petals to a warm bath will help you get rid of feelings of anxiety. Apart from being a detox for your body, it will also help you sleep better.
Rose water is great for your hair as heals the itchy and flaky areas of your scalp. Moreover, it helps increase blood flow to the hair follicles, promoting hair growth.
Helps hair growth
Rosewater has natural conditioning properties which makes it wonderful to use in your hair. Add a few drops of rosewater to your shampoo or conditioner.
Rose petals are an important ingredient in eye washes as well, as it is antiseptic in nature. Great for under eye area to combat dark circles.
Health Benefits of Rose
- When used aromatically, rose calms and soothes the mind.
- Drinking a cup of rose tea a day can help combat depression and anxiety.
- Helps to strengthen the digestive tract and the stomach lining. It aids in eliminating toxic waste in both the small and large intestines.
- Rose tea can help combat Chronic Fatigue and Insomnia.
- The very scent of Rose can arouse you and therefor is helpful for boosting the Libido.
- Rose tea has the ability to assist in clearing the Urinary Tract of toxic nitrogenous wastes which in turn can reduce the potential risk for UTI’s, Bladder and Kidney Infections.
- Works as an anti-spasmodic and efficiently relieves spasm in respiratory system, intestines and muscular spasms in limbs.
- Helps regulate and balance hormonal production.
- Promotes circulation, takes care of heart, reduces blood pressure and helps cure headaches, asthma and certain infections.