Home Remedies Benefits Of Amla
Heart attack and diabetes
- Prepare a mixture by mixing equal quantities of Amla (Gooseberry), jamun(dried seeds) and bitter gourd powder. A teaspoonful of this mixture once or twice a day is effective in checking diabetes.
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of amla powder or juice in a glass of water and consume daily.
- Amla increases the haemoglobin level in blood, the RBC (red blood cells) count and purifies blood.
- The Vitamin C in Amla (Gooseberry) helps in dilating the blood vessels and there by reducing the blood pressure.
Eyes vision improvement
- Taking amla in the morning or 1tsp of amla powderat night improves eyesight.
- Amla is very useful in improving eyesight. It also reduces reddening, itching and watering. Mix 2 teaspoons of amla juice in half a cup of water and drink it every morning.
- Amla fruits help to reduce burning sensation in eyes and help to maintain health of eyes.
- Wash eyes with ground Amla and Til powder water (Soak Amla and Til powder in water over night and strain it ) in the morning help in eyes burning.
Acidity and Constipation
- Regular consumption of amla is very good for your stomach, as it balances the acids levels of stomach and thus improving digestion.
- Simply taking one gram of Amla (Gooseberry) powder with a little sugar in milk or water twice a day helps in curing acidity.
- Have 1 tsp dried Amla powder with milk or water before retiring for the day. You can even take 4 tsp fresh Amla juice and 3 tsp honey mixed in a glass of water.
- Migrane problem troubles a lot of us especially in summers.
- Applying paste of juice of 2or 3 Amla or its pulp mixed with little rose water and 3 0r 4 pieces of Kesar in it for 15 minutes gives lot of relief migraine.
Kidney stone and urine problems
- It helps to soothe inner layers of bladder and helps to reduce frequency of urination.
- Taking Amla powder with radish helps in checking stone in bladder by breaking the stones and throwing it out with urine. The best time to have them is morning or evening.
- Therefore include amla in your daily diet to cut down the risk of gall bladder stones.
- Taking 1 gm Amla powder, Kalajeera and 2 gm. ground mishri with cold water cures the habit of urinating in the bed at night.
- Applying paste of Amla near the navel portion helps in curing urinary problems.
Removes Toxins from the Body
- Amla helps in maintaining the proper functioning of liver and bladder, and get rid of toxins. Have amla juice on an empty stomach every morning.
Cure Mouth Ulcers or Boils
- Dilute the amla juice in half a cup of water. Gargle with this mixture daily for best results.
- Doing gargles with water mixed with fresh Amla juice twice or thrice a day gives great relief and helps curing the boils.
- Amla enhances memory power and strengthens the nervous system. It sharpens the sensitivity of sense organs and also help to relieve stress and therefore cure sleep disorders like insomnia.
- Daily consumption of an amla boosts your immunity due to its high concentration of vitamin C.
- Drinking amla juice early in the morning on an empty stomach is a natural tonic to prevent scurvy and jaundice.
- Soak 4 Munnakkas (big raisins) in juice of 4 fresh Amla. After one hour grind the soaked munakkas and mix it with Amlajuice. Taking twice a day gives relief in jaundice.
For Hair Benefits
- Make the paste of Amla and Mehandi leaves and apply it on the hair. Keep it applied for about 15 to 20 mts. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. This will make your hair black and shining.
- Applying the paste of Amla powder mixed in lemon juice on the hair 10 to 15 mts. before washing them with Amla water keeps the hair strong and shining.
- Washing the head with Amla-juice mixed with water after rubbing the scalp for 10-15 mts. with fresh Amla juice helps in restoring the vitality of hair.
- Amla oil is being used since ancient times for hair growth and as a cure for hair loss.
- Take 2 teaspoons of amla powder and shikakai powder in a bowl.Make a paste by adding the required amount of curd.Apply this paste over your hair and keep for 15 minutes. Rinse off with cool water and wash your hair with a mild shampoo.This pack cure your dandruff problems.
Effects on skin
- The juice of amla fruit reduces burning sensation of skin. It strengthens the hair follicles and reduces the inflammation of scalp skin. Amla boosts immunity of skin and helps to prevent acne and pimples.