This is one of the most effective exercises to get the muscles back there firm and tight. It helps contract the butt muscles, proving to be a great workout. Here is how you do it:
- Lie flat on your stomach, with arms by your sides.
- Take your arms behind your back and interlock the fingers.
- Slowly while inhaling, raise your arms and legs, and the chest at the same time, creating a boat-like pose.
- Try to stay in this position while breathing normally, for around 8-10 breaths.
- Slowly relax and get back to the original position.
2. Reverse Boat Pose(Donkey Kicks)
A perfect way to tone your butt, this exercise can be done in the comfort of your home, and in your own time. Here is how you do it:
- Go on all your fours, with hands directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips.
- Keep your right knee bent at a right degree angle as you slowly raise your left leg behind you. Make sure your thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Then, try to raise it further above, making the lower leg perpendicular to the ground.
- Make sure your back and neck are perfectly still.
- Repeat this with the other leg.
- The whole process will mimic a slow kick. But be very sure to not give any jerks to your body.
The best part about this exercise is that apart from being easy to do at home, you can also increase the intensity according to your stamina to maximise the results. Here is how you do it:
- Lie flat on your back, with hands by your sides.
- Bend your knees, keeping your feet on the floor.
- Now, slowly lift your abdomen and your hips, so that your back forms a 45 degree angle.
- Try to squeeze your butt, and keep the abdomen and hips tightly tucked-in. Maintain this position for 8-10 breaths.
- Slowly get back to the original position.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- To increase the intensity, raise one leg at 45 degree angle as your lift the pelvis.
Believe it or not, but something as simple and plain as walking can help you shape and firm up your buttocks most effectively! The only thing you need is a comfortable pair of sneakers. If you take brisk walks at least 5 days a week, for not less than 45 minutes every day, you will have a butt of a supermodel! The only thing to remember is consistency.
Brisk Walking (left); Lunges (right)
Simple as they sound, lunges can yield fantastic results when done right. Lunges are an amazing workout, not just for the buttocks, but also for the legs.
- Stand straight with your feet apart. Make sure your spine and shoulders are straight and firm.
- Lower your hips slightly, and take your right leg forward.
- Bend the right leg at the knee, so it makes a right angle.
- Keeping the foot firm on the floor, make sure that your left leg remains straight behind.
- Try to maintain this position for as long as you can.
- Slowly take back the leg back to the original position. Repeat the same with the other leg.