Vitamins and minerals of Basil leaves
• Basil leaves contains are very low in calories and no cholesterol.
• Basil leaves contains many polyphenolic flavonoids like orientin and vicenin.
• Basil leaves contain much health benefiting essential oils such as eugenol, citronellol, linalool, citral, limonene and terpineol.
• Basil leaves contains exceptionally high levels of beta-carotene, vitamin A, cryptoxanthin, lutein and zea-xanthin. Basil leaves contains other vitamins such as Vitamins K,C and E.
• Basil leaves contains a good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, and magnesium.
Health benefits for Basil leaves
• Prevents Cancers Basil leaves are good source of anti-oxidant vitamin A. Since they prevent the formation of free radicals in the body they are effective in preventing cancer. Consumption of natural herbs rich in vitamin-A has been found to help the body protect from breast cancer, lung and oral cavity cancers.
• kidney stones Acetic acid and certain components in its essential oils also facilitate dissolution of the stone. Basil being a great diuretic and detoxifier is great for the kidneys. Basil, being a detoxifier and a mild diuretic in nature, help reduce uric acid level concentration in the blood as well as helps cleaning of the kidneys through urination. Basil improves the overall functioning of the kidneys. The juice of basil leaves taken with honey regularly for 6 months will expel kidney stones from the urinary tract.
• Sore Throat and cough Basil leaves are used as an ingredient in cough syrups and expectorants and help to mobilize mucus, so it is also an effective treatment for other respiratory problems such as bronchitis and asthma..Water boiled with basil leaves can be taken as drink in case of sore throat. This water can also be used as a gargle.
• Fever The leaves of basil are specific for many fevers. when malaria and dengue fever are widely prevalent, tender leaves, boiled with tea, act as preventive against theses diseases. it is every effective in bringing down the temperature. You can reduce the risk of malaria and dengue fever by consuming the leaves of basil.
• Heart health Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids, which helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Basil leaves purify the blood by removing toxins. Basil leaf tea helps in controlling blood pressure. Basil leaves contain an antioxidant eugenol that helps in reducing cholesterol levels and blood glucose levels, thereby reducing the risk of heart attacks and other cardiac diseases.
• For Eyes Vitamin A is known to have antioxidant properties and is essential for vision. flavonoid carotenoid compound, is selectively absorbed into the retinal macula lutea where it found to filter harmful UV rays from reaching the retina.A regular consumption can protect your eyes from all the damages done by the free radicals, due to the high anti oxidant properties. Basil also soothes eyes, reduces stress,Cataract and age-related macular disease. Two drops of black basil juice are put into the eyes daily at bedtime.
Uses of Basil leaves
• Make a paste of basil leaves with sandal wood and water and put on the fore head for getting relief from heat, headache.
• Basil oil, Massage into the areas of inflammation and pain.
• Basil is also good for your digestive system, basil leaves juice help to treat for stomach aches or cramps.
• Chew basil leaves, effective for the ulcer and infections in the mouth.
• Chew 12 leaves of basil, twice a day regular basis purifies your blood, prevents stress and develops a sharp mind.
• Basil juice is beneficial in the treatment for ringworm psoriasis and other skin diseases.
• Basil oil is an antibacterial, and drops of basil oil may relieve ear infections.
• Treatment for cough cold, fever, diarrhea and vomiting respond favorably to the juice of basil leaves for children.
• Regular consumption of basil can help relieve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.