Vitamins and minerals Of Black Pepper
• Black peppercorns are an excellent source of many vital B-complex groups of vitamins such as Pyridoxine, riboflavin, thiamin and niacin.
• Black Peppercorns are a good source of many anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin-C and vitamin-A. They are also rich in flavonoid polyphenolic anti-oxidants like carotenes, cryptoxanthin, zea-xanthin and lycopene.
• Black Peppercorns are contains numerous monoterpenes hydrocarbons such as sabinene, pinene, terpenene, limonene, mercene, etc.
• Black peppercorns contain a good amount of minerals like potassium, calcium, zinc, manganese, iron, and magnesium.
Health benefits for Black Pepper
• Help in Digestion Black Pepper helps stomach to produce hydrochloric acid which is needed to digest food. This, in turn breaks down protein in the stomach, improving the process of digestion. The influence of black pepper has been observed while treating conditions like constipation, diarrhea and colic. It also has benefits against bacterial growth, particularly in the intestinal tract.
• Prevents Cancer They are also rich in flavonoid polyphenolic anti-oxidants like carotenes, cryptoxanthin, zea-xanthin and lycopene. These compounds help the body remove harmful free radicals and help protect from cancers and diseases. Black pepper has antioxidant qualities that fight cancer, particularly colon and breast cancer.
• Dental Health Black pepper is good for toothache as well as bad breath. Black pepper is helpful in improving dental health. It helps fight tooth decay and provides quick relief from toothache. Mix a pinch of black pepper powder in clove oil and apply it on the affected area.
• Relieve Cough and Colds The antibacterial properties of black pepper are used for treating respiratory disorders. Respiratory conditions including colds, coughs and flu. Chew few pepper corns provides immediate relief from throat irritations and dry cough.
• Weight Loss The outer layer of the peppercorn contains substances that boost fat metabolism. The outer layer of peppercorns contains phytonutrients that encourage the breakdown of fat cells. Black pepper helps in boosting metabolism in the body. It burns unwanted calories and helps in reducing belly fat. Adding black pepper to foods may help in the treatment of obesity.
• Helpful for Arthritis The piperine present in black pepper is highly beneficial for treating arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties. Black pepper helps reduce pain and arthritic symptoms.
Uses of Black Pepper
• Consume 5gm of black pepper powder mixed in a cup of buttermilk in case of digestive problems and intestinal infections.
• Chewing or gargling with warm water boiled with the seeds, relieves toothaches.
• Black pepper promotes proper urination and sweating that help to reduces harmful toxins from the body.
• Black pepper taken twice a day helps common cold and cough.
• Black pepper can be used to clear up a stuffy nose and congestion as it helps loosen phlegm.
• Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
• Black pepper has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties help prevent acne.