Vitamins and minerals of Flax seeds
• Flax seeds is one of the very high-calorie foods. the seeds are an excellent source of numerous health-benefiting nutrients, dietary fiber, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins.
• Flax seed is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid. It is also rich sources of omega-3 essential fatty acids such as linoleic acid, alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and arachidonic acids.
• Flax are an excellent source of vitamin E, especially rich in gamma-tocopherol, and other vitamins A,C & K.
• Flax seeds are packed with many important B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates.
• Flax seed is rich source of minerals like manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium.
Health Benefits for Flax seeds
• Prevents cancer Flax seeds contain lignans, a class of phytoestrogens considered to have antioxidant and cancer preventing properties. Lignans may protect against estrogen-dependents cancers such as breast cancer and prostate cancer.
• Cardiovascular diseases Flax seeds helps to lower total as well as LDL or “bad cholesterol” and increases HDL or “good cholesterol” levels in the blood. rich in fiber, monounsaturated fatty acids and omega-3 fatty acids help to prevent coronary artery disease and strokes by favoring healthy blood lipid profile.
• Immune system Flax seed rich in alpha linolenic acid and lignans in flax seeds, decreases inflammation and promotes healthy functioning of the immune system. Flax seed builds immunity to keep good health.
• Beneficial for women Flax seeds contain folates,help prevent neural tube defects in the fetus when consumed during pre-conception period and pregnancy. Flax seeds is highly useful in maintaining hormonal levels in women of all ages and also help to regulate estrogen levels in post-menopausal women.
• Free radicals cells Flax are an excellent source of vitamin E, especially rich in gamma tocopherol, vitamin E is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant, required for maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin by protecting it from harmful oxygen-free radicals
Uses of Flax seeds
• flax seed helps in proper functioning of kidneys, lowers Blood Sugar and Blood pressure, and helps to reduce weight.
• Flax seed is useful in relieving constipation and Diarrhea.
• The omega 3 fatty acids in flax seed may help reduce the inflammation that leads to asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, migraine headaches and osteoporosis.
• Flax seeds oil(omega 3) are required for normal infant development and maturation of nervous system.
• Flax seed helpful for skin disorders like Eczema, Psoriasis, and Dandruff.