Vitamins and minerals of sesame seeds
• Sesame seeds are especially rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acid oleic acid, valuable source of dietary proteins with fine quality amino acids.
• Sesame seeds contain health benefiting compounds such as sesamol, sesaminol, furyl-methanthiol, guajacol , phenylethanthiol and furaneol, vinylguacol and decadienal. Sesamol and sesaminol are phenolic anti-oxidants.
• Sesame seeds are very good sources of B-complex vitamins such as niacin, folic acid, thiamin (vitamin B1), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), and riboflavin.
• Sesame seeds are very rich sources of many essential minerals like Calcium, iron, manganese, zinc, magnesium, selenium, and copper.
Health benefits for sesame seeds
• Cardiovascular Health Sesame seeds are high in monounsaturated fatty acid, oleic acid which helps in lowering bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol in the body, thus preventing the risk of coronary artery disease and strokes.
• Lower Cholesterol The seeds are especially rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acid oleic acid. Oleic acid helps to lower LDL or “bad cholesterol” and increases HDL or “good cholesterol” in the blood. Their consumption not only decreases blood cholesterol levels but also reduces the risk of developing certain types of cancer.
• Brain health Niacin is another B-complex vitamin found in sesame. Niacin helps reduce LDL-cholesterol levels in the blood. it enhances inside the brain, which in turn helps reduce anxiety and neurosis. Sesame seeds have been found to increase energy, nourish the brain and slow down ageing.
• Pregnancy period Sesame seeds contains folic acid, Folic acid is essential for DNA synthesis. When given to expectant mothers during the peri-conception period, it may prevent neural tube defects in the baby.
• Cures Cough, Asthma and Fever Black seed oil has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, both of which help in treating ailments like asthma, cough and fever.
Uses of Sesame seeds
• Sesame seeds are highly recommended for those suffering from anemia and weakness.
• Sesame seeds support a healthy digestive system and colon as they are rich in fiber.
• Sesame seeds prevents asthma and other respiratory disorders by preventing airway spasms.
• Sesame Black seed oil is said to improve vision and also treat other eye infections.
• Sesame Black seed oil is said to be very useful for stimulating hair growth and preventing graying of hair.
• Sesame seed oil helps provide relief from back pain.
• Boost the immune system, one teaspoon of black seed oil should be taken in the morning and at night.