Vitamins and minerals of Almond
• Almonds nuts are rich in vitamin E which acts as a fat-soluble antioxidant. Vitamin E in almonds is present in the alpha-tocopherol form.
• Almonds nuts are rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc and others.
• Almonds nuts good source of B-complex vitamins such as riboflavin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, Folates and B-6 are obtained from these nuts.
• Almond nuts are rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals and packed with numerous health promoting phyto-chemicals.
Health Benefits of Almond Nuts
• Prevents Heart Health diseases The mono saturated fats found in almonds are good for heart health, such as palmetoelic and oleic acids. Vitamin E present in almonds acts as an antioxidant and improves heart health. The mono saturated fats along with antioxidants also help in prevention of heart diseases. Magnesium contents reduce the risk of heart attacks. This mineral help to promote healthy blood pressure.
• Reduces cancer risk Almonds are an excellent source of dietary fiber, vitamin E, Photochemical, and flavonoids which controls the progress of breast cancer cells. This fiber permits food to move through the digestive system further proficiently cleansing the system, and preventing colon cancer and also controls the progress of breast cancer cells. Folic acid also reduces the chances of cervical cancer.
• Prevents diabetic Almonds low glycemic index, your body will use the carbs as energy so the sugars are not stored as fat. They help to regulate the rise in insulin and sugar levels after meals. Almonds decrease the after-meal rises in blood sugar and are hence help in maintaining a healthy blood sugar level. Almonds are effective for diabetic patients.
• Brain and nervous system Almonds contain riboflavin and L-carnitine, nutrients. Almonds also include phenylalanine, a brain-boosting chemical that aids healthy expansion of our cognitive functions. The L-carnitine and riboflavin contents of almond also work as brain activity boosters and also prevent Alzheimer’s disease. Having a few almonds everyday helps in improving memory and concentration, especially in children.
• Weight loss The monounsaturated fats contained in almonds gives a filling effect to the stomach and as a result you will save yourself from over-eating. The organic almond milk contain less amounts of calories and hence, can be consumed by people on a diet. Plain almond milk without added sugars or flavoring contains 60 calories per each 8 oz serving size.
• Pregnancy period Folic acid plays a big function in healthy cell growth and tissue configuration, and therefore it is very important for the healthy growth of the fetus. Pregnant women should take almonds during their pregnancy as the folic acid found in them helps in the reduction of birth defects in babies.
• Constipation and digestive system The dietary fibers present in almonds and Almond oil also possesses laxative properties, helps to produce soft stools and avoid any other problems of the digestive system. Benefits of almonds during pregnancy also include its use in the treatment of constipation, which is commonly seen during pregnancy.
• Bones Health and Energy boosters Almonds are rich in nutrients manganese, riboflavin,copper,Phosphorus,calcium and Vitamin D. vitamin D, reducing your risk for arthritis and osteoporosis and improving your immune and cell function and decrease osteoporosis and even Alzheimer’s disease. Phosphorus and calcium are the two key contents found in almonds that help maintain the bone health. The presence of nutrients like manganese, riboflavin and copper are very helpful in boosting energy.
• For glowing skin Almonds are rich in vitamin E which acts as a fat-soluble antioxidant. Vitamin E in almonds is present in the alpha-tocopherol form. Almonds contain anti-oxidants which remove the toxic oxygen free radicals from our skin and mucous membrane. It works to prevent acne, blackheads, wrinkle as well as arid and prickly skin. It also retains vitamin E needed for healthy skin. Almond oil is a brilliant moisturizer as it holds olein glyceride linoleic acid. It helps to bring glow to your skin.
Uses of Almond nuts
• A regular massage with almond oil will help you to get a glowing and flawless complexion.
• Almond nuts help increase high intellectual level and longevity.
• Almond milk helps keep our eyes functioning properly.
• Almond oil helps as a cure for treating hair-fall, dandruff and avoids untimely graying of hair as well.
• Almonds help in maintaining proper levels of cholesterol by increasing the level of HDL and decreasing the level of LDL.
• Almond oil applied on skin soothes inflammation and reduces rashes.