Vitamins of beets root
• Fresh tubers contain small amounts of vitamin C.Vitamin C is one of the powerful natural antioxidants, which helps the human body scavenge deleterious free radicals one of the reasons for cancer development.
• The root is rich source of phytochemical compound, glycine betaine. Betaine has the property of lowering homocysteine levels within the blood. beets root is very low in calories and contain zero cholesterol and small amount of fat.
• Raw beets are an excellent source of folates. Folates are necessary for DNA synthesis within the cells. When given during peri-conception period folates can prevent neural tube defects in the baby.
• Beets root greens are an excellent source of carotenoids, flavonoid anti-oxidants, and vitamin A. Vitamin A is required maintaining healthy mucus membranes and skin and is essential for vision,flavonoids helps to protect from lung and oral cavity cancers.
• Root rich source of B-complex vitamins such as niacin (B-3), pantothenic acid (B-5), pyridoxine (B-6) and minerals such as iron, manganese, copper, magnesium and potassium.Potassium lowers heart rate and regulates metabolism inside the cells by countering detrimental effects of sodium.
Health Benefits Of Beets root
• Beets juice prevents cancer The betacyanin that the juice contains prevents the formation of cancerous tumours and detoxifies the body from harmful toxins. It is known to reverse cancer like leukaemia, lung, skin, and breast, prostate and testicular cancer, root betanin fight both skin and liver tumours when treated with beet juice.
• Beetsroot for pregnancy period folic acid found in Beetroot juice beneficial for pregnant women, prevents various birth defects and even provides a healthy pink skin tone to the baby. It aids in tissue growth and proper development of baby’s spinal cord.
• Beetroot for eyes Beetroot is a good source of carotenoids like lutein and zeaxanthin. These two compounds are extremely beneficial for the health of the eyes, especially retina.
• High source of energy Beetroot juice has also shown to help the body respond better to exercise by balancing oxygen use and increasing stamina. It enhances energy and stamina which motivates people to work out harder for the day. At the same time they are low in calories and high in sugar (although the sugar is released into your system gradually, as opposed to chocolate).
• Maintain blood pressure beetroot juice provides an excellent blood pressure lowering ability. It lowers bad cholesterol and raises good cholesterol level in the body. Beet juice energizes the elderly to lead active lives by widening blood vessels and by reducing the amount of oxygen needed by muscles during physical activities.
• Prevents skin Applying beet juice on the skin will keep the skin hydrated and supple. Beetroot juice regularly is beneficial in the prevention and cure of skin inflammations like acne and boils and wrinkles and fine lines. Lycopene found in beetroot juice maintains the skin elasticity and protects the skin from harsh sun rays.
Uses of beets root
• beet root juice relieves from diseases related to calcification like arthritis, kidney stones, and varicose veins and so on.
• Nitrates in beetroot juice are compounds which improve the blood flow throughout the body, including brain, heart and muscles.
• Beets are high in fibers and low in calories and are often used in the weight loss diet due to the soluble fibers present in it.
• Beetroot juice contains carbohydrates, protein, potassium, phosphorus, calcium and Vitamin B and C. All these nutrients enable blood circulation in the scalp which promotes healthy hair growth.
• They are used to treat high blood pressure, depression, Alzheimer’s, dementia, and ailments related to digestion.
• Beets contain betaine, the same substance that is used in certain treatments of depression. It also contains trytophan, which relaxes the mind and creates a sense of well-being.
• They are a wonderful tonic for the liver, works as a purifier for the blood, and can prevent various forms of cancer.
• Beet greens and beetroot are a good source of phosphorus, magnesium, iron and vitamin B6.