Vitamins of Bitter Gourd(melon)
• Bitter melon is an excellent source of vitaminC & A. Vitamin-C, is powerful natural antioxidants, helps the body scavenge deleterious free radicals one of the reasons for cancer development.
• Bitter melon Pod is an good source of phytonutrients like dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants. Fresh pods are an excellent source of folates. Folate helps reduce the incidence of neural tube defects in the newborns when taken by mothers during early pregnancy.
• Bitter melon(gourd) vegetable is an also good source of niacin (vitamin B-3), pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5), pyridoxine (vitamin B-6) and minerals such as iron, zinc, potassium, manganese and magnesium.
• Bitter melon contains phyto-nutrient, polypeptide-P, a plant insulin known to lower blood sugar levels. it composes hypoglycemic agent called charantin.
• Bitter melon is an excellent source of health benefiting flavonoids such as ß-carotene, α-carotene, lutein, and zea-xanthin. It also contains a good amount of vitamin A.
Health Benefits of Bitter Gourd
• Control diabetes problem The fruit contains at least three active substances with anti-diabetic properties, including charantin, which has been confirmed to have a blood glucose-lowering effect, vicine and an insulin-like compound known as polypeptide-p. Bitter melon contains a hypoglycemic compound(a plant insulin) that is highly beneficial in lowering sugar levels in blood and urine.
• Boost immunity system Bitter gourd is a vegetable that cleanses your system and is rich in antioxidants. This bitter juice can also help to build your immune system and increase your body’s resistance against infection. Boil bitter melon leaves or fruits in water and consume it every day to fight against infections.
• Prevents Digestive System and constipation This vegetable is loaded with dietary fibres that help to loosen up bowel movements. The food is digested and waste is thrown out of the body which helps in curing indigestion and constipation problems. Bitter melon has antihelminthic or anthelmintic compounds. This property is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases and can kill parasitic worms inside our body.
• Prevents cancer Bitter gourd contains a wealth of antioxidants. Bitter melon seeds provide a-eleostearic acid and fruits provide dihydroxy-a-eleostearic acid, These compounds are good remedy for leukemia problem and some blood irregularities such as anemia. It helps in producing healthy red blood cells and balances the amount of white blood cells in our body. This compound cancer fighting elements do not allow the cancer cells present in your body.
• Reduce Heart problem They help to reduce the bad cholesterol levels which clog the arterial walls and thereby reduce the chances of heart attacks. This prevents your arteries from getting clogged and helps to keep your heart healthy. Also it is known to lower blood sugar levels that help in maintaining good heart health.
• Respiratory diseases Take two ounces of fresh bitter melon juice and mix with a cup of honey diluted in water. If you have chronic respiratory diseases like asthma or bronchitis, then having bitter gourd on a regular basis will help you overcome them.
• Prevents Skin Problems Bitter gourd good source of vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant. Bitter gourd has anti-inflammatory properties, Bitter melon is useful in treating blood disorders like blood boils, scabies, itching, psoriasis, ring-worm, acne, blemishes, deep skin infections and other fungal diseases. The free radicals in it are also useful for anti ageing.
• Weight lose It also has antioxidants that speed up your metabolic rate. Bitter gourd is a vegetable with very little calories. This improves your metabolism and digestive systems thus helping you lose weight quickly.
Uses of bitter melon
• Health Benefits of Bitter Gourd might be effective for treating HIV infection.
• Bitter gourd contains beneficial properties that cleanses the blood from toxins.
• Bitter melon helps to maintain healthy liver and bladder and curing kidney stones.
• Bitter gourd juice is highly beneficial for treating blood disorders like blood boils and itching due to toxemia.
• bitter gourd juice to improve your energy and stamina level.
• Bitter Melon juice use daily to heal liver problems.
• Bitter melon juice clean up a toxic blood, improves blood circulation and relieves gout pain.
• Bitter melon juice improve psoriasis condition and other fungal infections like ring-worm and athletes feet.