Vitamins of carrots
• They are exceptionally rich source of carotenes and vitamin-A. Carotenes are converted into vitamin A in the liver.Beta carotene is one of the powerful natural anti-oxidant helps protect body from harmful oxygen-free radical injury. the functions of vitamin A such as vision, reproduction (sperm production), maintenance of epithelial integrity, growth and development.
• Carrots are rich in poly-acetylene antioxidant falcarinol.falcarinol may help fight against cancers by destroying pre-cancerous cells in the tumors. flavonoid compounds in carrots help protect from skin, lung and oral cavity cancers.
• Carrot roots are also good in vitamin C, Vitamin C is water soluble anti-oxidant. It helps the body maintain healthy connective tissue, teeth and gum. Its anti-oxidant property helps the body protect from diseases and cancers by scavenging harmful free radicals.
• Carrot vegetable is especially rich in many B-complex groups of vitamins such as folic acid, vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine), thiamin, pantothenic acid. They are also rich in other vitamins, including the B vitamins and folates. Folate is the natural and safe provider of folic acid.
• Carrot is a good source of minerals like copper, calcium, potassium, manganese and phosphorus. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure by countering effects of sodium. Manganese is used by the body as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase.
Health Benefits of Carrots
• Use for vision(eyes) Carrot is rich source of beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the liver. Vitamin A is transformed in the retina, to rhodopsin to necessary for night vision.Beta-carotene is also known to protect against macular degeneration and senile cataracts.
• Prevents cancer Carrots are also rich in poly-acetylene anti-oxidant falcarinol.carrots reduce the risk of lung cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer. Also carrot falcarinol destroys pre-cancerous cells in tumors. Carrots do help keep cancer away.
• Gives glowing skin Vitamin A and antioxidants in carrots protect the skin from harmful effects of sun rays.. It help slows down the aging of cells.Vitamin A prevents premature wrinkling, acne, dry skin, pigmentation, blemishes, and uneven skin tone.
• Protects teeth and gums Vitamin C is water soluble anti-oxidant. It helps maintain healthy teeth and gum. The minerals in carrots prevent your tooth damage.Carrots stimulate gums and trigger a lot of saliva, which being alkaline, balances out the acid-forming, cavity-forming bacteria.
Uses of carrots
• Carrots are known by herbalists to prevent infection.
• Carrots reduce cholesterol levels because the soluble fibers in carrots bind with bile acids.
• Health Benefits of Carrots,It reduces the bile and fat in the liver.
• Carotenoids are associated with a lower risk of heart disease.
• beta-carotene may play a protective role against prostate cancer,