Vitamins and minerals of Cashew nuts
• Cashew nuts are high in calories. They are packed with soluble dietary fiber, and monounsaturated-fatty acids like oleic, and palmitoleic acids.
• Cashew nuts are very rich source of Minerals, especially manganese, potassium, copper, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium are concentrated in these nuts.
• Cashew nuts are also rich in many essential vitamins such as pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B-6), riboflavin, and thiamin (vitamin B-1).
• Cashew nuts are also containing a small amount of zea-xanthin, an important pigment flavonoid antioxidant.
Health Benefits of Cashew nuts
• Heart Health They are rich in monounsaturated-fatty acids like oleic, and palmitoleic acids. These essential fatty acids help lower harmful LDL-cholesterol while increasing good HDL cholesterol. Cashews are wonderfully cholesterol free and their high antioxidant content helps lower risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart diseases. The magnesium in cashews helps lower blood pressure and helps prevent heart attacks.
• Healthy Bones They are rich in magnesium and calcium which is required for strong bones, proper muscle and nerve functioning. It helps build your bone to be very strong.
• Prevents Cancer They are packed with soluble dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals and numerous health-promoting phyto-chemicals that help protect from diseases and cancers. These proanthocyanidins and high copper content in cashew nuts help fight against cancerous cells and keeps you away from colon cancer.
• For eyes Cashew nuts containing a small amount of zea-xanthin, an important flavonoid antioxidant, which selectively absorbed into the retinal macula lutea in the eyes. Cashew nuts have the ability to filter Sun’s UV rays filtering functions and helps prevent age-related macular degeneration.
• For body functions Their high copper content plays an important role in enzyme activity, hormone production, brain function, etc. Copper is also needed for the production of red blood cells to prevent anemia.
Uses of Cashew nuts
• Cashew nuts can reduce the risk of developing gallstones.
• Cashew nuts are rich in zinc, they help fight infections.
• Cashew nuts are a healthy fat food for heart patients.
• Cashew nuts can give you relaxed and pleasant sleep during nights.
• Cashew nuts help our body to utilize iron properly and eliminate free radicals which cause health problems.