Cherry fruit is packed with health-benefiting nutrients and unique anthocyanin antioxidants.Cherry is smallest fruits are low in calories and contain good amount of vitamins & minerals. Here are the benefits of cherry for skin, hair & health given.
Vitamins and Minerals of Cherry
Cherries are one of the very low calorie fruits; however, are rich source of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
The fruits, especially tart cherries are exceptionally rich in health promoting flavonoid poly phenolic anti-oxidants such as lutein, zea-xanthin and beta carotene.
Cherries are pigment rich fruits. These pigments, are polyphenolic flavonoid compounds known as anthocyanin glycosides.
Cherry fruits are very rich in stable anti-oxidant melatonin. Anti-inflammatory property of cherries has been found effective in reducing heart-disease.
They are also mild source of zinc, moderate sources of iron, potassium, and manganese and good source of copper.
Health Benefits of Cherry
Ease aching joints
Because cherries contain anthocyanins, they can reduce inflammation and symptoms of arthritis and gout. This antioxidants found in grapes (and red wine) that inhibit enzymes associated with inflammation, and may help soothe soreness linked to muscle and joint pain.
All cherries are high in pectin a soluble fibre that helps to prevent heart disease by lowering “bad” cholesterol. Cherries also help to control blood pressure and heart rate thus helping our cardiovascular system.
Cherries reduce stroke risk
Anti-inflammatory property of cherries has been found effective in reducing heart-disease. which in turn regulate fat and glucose levels and there by reduce risk factors for high cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes.
Cherries help you get some sleep
Cherries contain melatonin which is five times more than the blackberries, strawberries and helps cure insomnia (which is a sleep deficiency) and maintaining healthy joint function. An antioxidant that helps regulate heart rhythms and the body’s sleep cycles.
Uses of Cherry
- Cherries are rich in vitamins C, E, potassium, magnesium, iron, folate and fiber.
- Eating cherries reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Cherries are a good source of fiber which is important for digestive health.
- Cherries are a great snack or dessert choice important for weight-maintenance.
- It also helps the body to fight against cancer, aging, headaches etc.
- Cherries contain vitamin A, vitamin B and minerals like calcium and phosphorus (which is good for the brain)
- Cherry juice is believed to clear dark spots and help in skin lightening.