Vitamins and minerals of Cinnamon
• Cinnamon contains very good source of vitamin A, niacin, pantothenic acid, and pyridoxine.
• Cinnamon very good source of flavonoid phenolic anti-oxidants such as carotenes, zea-xanthin, lutein and cryptoxanthin.
• Cinnamon is an excellent source of minerals like potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, zinc, and magnesium.
• Cinnamon has the highest anti-oxidant,anti-diabetic, anti-septic, local anesthetic, anti-inflammatory, rubefacient (warming and soothing), carminative and anti-flatulent properties. Cinnamon has the highest anti-oxidant strength of all the food sources in nature.
Health Benefits Of Cinnamon
• Reduces Cholesterol The active ingredient, methylhydroxychalcone polymers, present in cinnamon also can increase your cells’ ability to metabolize sugar by up to 20 times. It reduces LDL cholesterol levels. LDL is also known as the harmful cholesterol. Reducing it may help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. These all reduce risk factors for heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. Half teaspoon of cinnamon per day can reduces your bad cholesterol.
• Help Blood Sugar It helps their body respond to insulin, thus normalizing blood sugar levels. Certain compounds in cinnamon stimulate insulin receptors and inhibit an enzyme that inactivates them, improving the cells’ ability to use glucose. This helps improve blood circulation throughout the body, it especially beneficial for people with Type 2 diabetes. Add a small pinch to your evening tea or coffee.
• Prevents cancer Cinnamon may play a role in reestablishing the proper signals and keeping sugar levels under control so cancer cells cannot grow as quickly or spread as far. cinnamon may minimize the increase in cancerous cells in the body and, when included regularly in the diet, it can help prevent cancer. Cinnamon can reduce the proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
• Prevents Arthritis Pain Cinnamon has very strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that make it a great home remedy for arthritic pain. Its natural heating mechanism provides added relief to aching joints. In one cup of hot water, add 1 teaspoon of honey and half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and drink it immediately.
• Improves Digestion Cinnamon is an excellent source of fiber, calcium and the trace mineral manganese. The calcium and fibre combine with bile salts and help in their transport outside the body. The dietary fiber also is very useful in relieving symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome including diarrhea and constipation, also reducing the risk of colon cancer.
• Prevents skin infection The various skin infections like eczema, ringworm etc can be cured by applying the mixture of honey and cinnamon powder over the affected areas. It also helps to fight off the bacterial and fungal infections. Dilute a couple drops of cinnamon oil in coconut oil for a very effective treatment of athlete’s foot. But avoid sensitive areas since cinnamon can cause irritation and burning sensation.
• Prevents tooth Pain Cinnamon oil is known for its antibacterial properties. The antibacterial nature of cinnamon helps protect teeth and gums from damage and improves breath too. Cinnamon not only beats tooth decay but also helps prevent gingivitis and bad breath. For toothache and gingivitis, chew on a small piece of cinnamon, to get some relief.
Uses of Cinnamon
• If you have a common cold or cough, make a mixture of lukewarm honey and one-quarter teaspoon of cinnamon and drink it twice daily.
• Cinnamon it is also great for a sore throat when combined with ginger, basil and honey.
• smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory.
• Cinnamon has an anti-clotting effect on the blood.
• cinnamon regulates blood sugar, it is a great choice for diabetics and hypoglycemic.
• Cinnamon added to food, it inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage, making it a natural food preservative.
• Crush a little cinnamon, and add a bit of honey to make it into a paste. Now apply it on the pimple and leave for a few minutes.
• Cinnamon effective natural remedy for eliminating headaches and migraine relief.