Vitamins and minerals of Coriander seeds
• Coriander seeds are an excellent source of minerals like iron, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc and magnesium.
• Coriander seeds that lack in vitamin A& C, coriander seeds contain an ample amount of this anti-oxidant vitamin.
• Coriander seeds rich source of B-complex vitamins like thiamin, riboflavin, and niacin.
• Coriander seed is also rich in of dietary fiber.
• Some important fatty acids in the dried seeds such as petroselinic acid, linoleic acid(omega 6), oleic acid, and palmitic acid.
• Coriander seeds contain essential oils such as linalool (68%), a-pinene (10%), geranial, camphene, terpine etc.
Health Benefits of Coriander seeds
• Increase cholesterol level Coriander is also rich in of dietary fiber. dietary fibers bind to bile salts and decrease their re-absorption in colon, Lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) and raises good cholesterol (HDL). Together with flavonoid anti-oxidants, fiber composition of coriander helps protect the colon mucus membrane from cancers.
• For digestion Coriander is also rich in of dietary fiber. Much of this fiber is metabolically inert insoluble fiber, which helps increase bulk of the food by absorbing water throughout the digestive system and help easing constipation condition. Relief for stomach gas, prevention of flatulence and an overall digestive.
• For Eye Care Coriander has lots of anti oxidants, vitamin-A, vitamin-C and minerals like phosphorus in the essential oils in it which prevents aging of eye, macular degeneration and soothes eyes against stress. coriander is a very good disinfectant and has anti microbial properties which protect the eyes from contagious diseases like conjunctivitis.
• Menstrual Problem Coriander seeds helps proper secretion of the hormones and thereby inducing proper menstrual cycles and reducing pains during periods. It also helps to prevent menstrual irregularities and reduce menstrual cramping.
• Diarrhea It is also helpful in diarrhea caused by microbial and fungal infection, Adding one or two teaspoons of coriander juice to fresh buttermilk is ideal for treating nausea and dysentery. Dry coriander treats diarrhea.
• For skin Acts as a natural anti-septic and anti-fungal agent for skin disorders like fungal infections ,eczema, itchy skin, rashes and inflammation. Its antioxidant properties make it excellent for preventing free radical damage.
• Arthritis patients Powerful anti-inflammatory capacities that may help symptoms of arthritis. Arthritis patients can boil coriander seeds in water and drink the concoction. And also reduce reduces minor swelling.
Uses of Coriander seeds
• Coriander is good source of iron, magnesium, is helpful in fighting anemia.
• Fresh coriander leaves are excellent appetizers.
• Gargle with boiled coriander water to reduce and cure mouth ulcers.
• Its juice mixed with turmeric powder can help treat pimples and blackheads.
• Coriander is also used in detox diet and avoid nausea.