Vitamins of cucumber
• Cucumbers contains unique anti-oxidants in moderate ratios such as β-carotene and α-carotene, vitamin-C, vitamin-A, zea-xanthin and lutein. These compounds help act as protective scavengers against oxygen-derived free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) that play a role in aging and various disease processes.
• Cucumber is a excelent source of potassium and low sodium content, an important intracellular electrolyte. Potassium is a heart friendly electrolyte helps bring a reduction in total blood pressure and heart rates by countering effects of sodium.This helps in checking weight gain and high blood pressure.
• Cucumber provide a high amount of vitamin K, Vitamin-K has been found to have a potential role in bone strength by promoting osteotrophic (bone mass building) activity. It also has established role in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease patients by limiting neuronal damage in their brain.
Health Benefits of cucumbers
• Reduce hydration and constipation Cucumbers provide (96%) water,which helps in keeping the body hydrated and regulating body temperature.Cucumbers have most of the vitamins the body needs in a single day.The high water content and dietary fiber in cucumbers are very effective in ridding the body of toxins from the digestive system, aiding digestion.Daily consumption of cucumbers can be regarded as a remedy for chronic constipation.
• Prevents cancer Cucumber contains lariciresinol, pinoresinol, and secoisolariciresinol,cucumber reduced risk of several cancer types, including breast cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and prostate cancer. if you eating more cucumber can reduce your risk of developing cancer.
• Reduce eyes problem Its anti-inflammatory properties,chilled Slices of cucumbers on the eyes can reduce puffiness and redness.
The ascorbic acid and caffeic acid in cucumber brings down the water retention rate which in turn diminishes the swelling and puffiness around the eyes.
• Maintain blood pressure Cucumbers good source of a potassium, magnesium and fiber. These source effectively for blood pressure patient .This makes cucumbers good for treating both low blood pressure and high blood pressure. Patient suffer from high or low blood pressure can stabilize their symptoms by consuming more cucumber.
• Prevents muscle pain and arthritis pain They are also rich in vitamin A, B1, B6, C & D, Folate, Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium. Cucumber is an excellent source of silica and antioxidants, which is known to help promotes joint health by strengthening the connective tissues.Cucumber is a best ingredient for gout pain relief. When mixed with carrot juice, they can relieve gout and arthritis pain by lowering the uric acid levels.
• Prevents kidney stones The water content in cucumber aids the function of kidney by promoting urination.The high water in cucumber helps to remove waste from the system and can help to dissolve kidney stones Eating cucumbers lowers the level of uric acid in the body to reduce the impact on the kidneys.Regular consumption of cucumber can also dissolve kidney stones over time.
• Prevents bad breath The vegetable releases phytochemical which kill the bad breath causing bacteria.press a slice of cucumber in between your mouth with your tongue for at least 30 seconds.Cucumber juice can effectively treat gum diseases like pyorrhoea and weak gums.
• For skin Cucumber good source of potassium, magnesium and silicon. cucumber provide high water and the presence of certain vitamins and minerals make cucumber an essential part of skin care.Its seeds are rich in Vitamin E and potassium which help in reducing fine lines, wrinkles, blemishes and other signs of ageing. Putting cucumber slices or puree on sunburnt skin brings instant relief. Thus cucumber is a natural and gentle way to treat sun burn. Take cucumber slices around the eyes also reduces the appearance of dark circles quickly.
Uses of cucumber
• The cucumber juice has been found to be beneficial for the diabetic patients.
• The silicon and sulfur in cucumbers help to stimulate hair growth and nails shiner and stronger.
• Cucumber(low calories and high water) can help you lose weight.
• Cucumber peel is a good source of dietary fiber that helps reduce constipation.
• Rub a cucumber slice along a mirror and it will eliminate the mirror fogging up.
• Apply cucumber slice on your skin, and you get relief from sunburn.
• vitamin B and electrolytes content in cucumber will reduce the intensity of hangover and headache.
• Cucumber helps reduce bad cholesterol.