Vitamins and Minerals of Mango
- Mango fruit is rich in pre-biotic dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and poly-phenolic flavonoid antioxidant compounds.
- Mango fruit is an excellent source of Vitamin-A and flavonoids like beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, and beta-cryptoxanthin.
- It is also a very good source of vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine), vitamin-C and vitamin-E. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin C helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful oxygen-free radicals.
- Fresh mango is a good source of potassium and Copper is also required for the production of red blood cells.
Health Benefits of Mango
Mangoes are full of anti-oxidants like quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methylgallat present in mango protect the body against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers.
Helps in digestion
The fibrous nature of mango helps in digestion and elimination. It is is rich in pre-biotic dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals.Fibres help in good bowel movement and this inturn helps increase metabolic rate. Increased metabolic rate helps in cutting down excess stomach flab.
Keeps cholesterol in check
Mango has high level of vitamin C, pectin and fibres that help to lower serum cholesterol levels. Fresh mango is a rich source of potassium, which is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps to control heart rate and blood pressure.
Remedy for Heat Stroke
Juicing the fruit from green mango and mixing with water and a sweetener helps to cool down the body and prevent harm to the body.This juice will instantly cool you down and prevent heat stroke.
Mango for Skin
Mango is amazing for your skin as it is a great source of antioxidants, particularly vitamin C, which keep your skin healthy and glowing. It is often used in various face masks and scrubs.Vitamin A and Beta carotene in this fruit restore, rejuvenate and revive your skin with vigor as well as add shine to your skin. Vitamin C helps in curing pimples and acne.
- Make a paste of mashed mango, honey and milk and use as a body scrub, you will feel that your skin is tender and smooth.
- Polyphenolic anti-oxidant compounds in mango are known to offer protection against breast and colon cancers.
- The generous amounts of vitamin C and vitamin A in mangos, plus 25 different kinds of carotenoids keep your immune system healthy and strong.
- Mango leaves help normalize insulin levels in the blood.
- Mango peel is also rich in phytonutrients, such as the pigment antioxidants like carotenoids and polyphenols.
- Mangoes help you unclog your pores and add freshness to the face. Mangoes are applicable to any skin type. They help clear clogged pores that cause acne.
- Mangoes help in promoting good eye sight, fights dry eyes and also prevent night blindness.