Vitamins and minerals of Onion
• Onions are very low in calories and fats and also rich in soluble dietary fiber.
• Onions are good source in B-complex group of vitamins like pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, folates and thiamin.
• Onions are good in source antioxidant vitamin, vitamin-C ,and other vitamins A & E.
• They are also good in mineral manganese, Copper, Iron, Phosphorus and etc .
• Onions are rich source of chromium and antioxidant flavonoid quercetin, also contain Phyto-chemical compounds alliums and Allyl disulphide(allicin).
Health Benefits of Onion
• Prevents cancer Phyto-chemical compounds alliums and Allyl disulphide in the onion convert to allicin. these compounds have anti-mutagenic protects from cancers. Onions can be used to prevent cancer like as head, neck and colon cancers.
• Digestive system Onions contain dietary fiber that helps digestion. Onions can improve digestive system. If you have digestion problem, then onions can cure it by increasing the release of digestion juices.
• Brain health Pyridoxine or vitamin B-6 helps keep up levels in the brain, which is an important nutrient for the brain and play a role in preventing neurological disorders.
• For diabetes Onions are rich source of chromium, Onions increases insulin in the body and also treats diabetes by controlling the sugar levels in the blood. Its helps insulin action and control sugar levels in diabetes.
• Protect allergies Onion good source of antioxidant property, It also found to have anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal activities. It is an immediate cure for fever, common cold, cough, sore throat, allergies etc. A mixture of onion juice and honey can cure these problems easily.
Uses of Onion
• Onion juice is also used to cure ear and eye problems.
• Consume onion daily to protect yourself from Osteoporosis and Atherosclerosis.
• Eat onion daily, prevent to insomnia or sleeping disorders.
• Onion help to reduce pain and inflammation of joints.
• Onion help to prevent toothpain.
• Onion juice eliminate worms in the stomach of children.