Vitamins and Minerals of Peanuts
• Peanuts are rich source of energy and contain health benefiting nutrients,antioxidants, vitamins and minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium that are essential for optimum health.
• Peanuts contain high concentrations of poly-phenolic antioxidants, primarily p-coumaric acid.
• Peanuts are an excellent source of resveratrol, another polyphenolic antioxidant.
• Peanuts an excellent source of vitamin E (a-tocopherol) and B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates.
• Boiled peanuts have two and four-fold increase in isoflavone antioxidants biochanin-A and genistein content.
Health Benefits of Peanuts
• Useful for children The amino acids present in them are good for proper growth and development of body.Peanuts are rich vitamins and minerals. Vitamin like A, B, C and E, minerals like calcium, iron, zinc, boron, etc. These help in brain function and development and also help to maintain strong bones.
• Growing memory power Vitamin B3 or niacin content whose many health benefits include normal brain functioning and boosting memory power.100 g of peanuts provide about 85% of niacin, which contribute to brain health and blood flow to brain.
• Help to weight lose Peanuts contain protien and fiber.They also are good sources of energy and helpful in increasing your metabolic rate.So if you are eating peanut butter every morning with bread slices, then you have less chances of gaining weight.
• Help to heart disease A poly-phenolic anti-oxidant, Resveratrol present in Peanuts prevents heart diseases.Peanuts are rich in monosaturated fats and oleic acid which makes it good for your heart. Eat handful of peanuts at least four times a week to reduce your risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease.
• Prevents cancer Peanuts are an excellent source of resveratrol, another polyphenolic antioxidant.P-Coumaric acid has the ability to reduce the risk of stomach cancer by reducing the productions of carcinogenic nitrous-amines.Phytosterols not only protects against cardiovascular disease by interfering with the absorption of cholesterol, they also protect against cancer by inhibiting tumor growth.
• Prevents depression Peanuts have tryptophan which help release serotonin helping you fight depression.Amino acid which is important for the production of serotonin, one of the key brain chemicals involved in mood regulation.Depression is caused due to a lack of serotonin secretion in the brain.
• Pregnancy period Peanuts contain a good amount of folate. pregnant women eat peanuts during pregnancy can decrease the risk of allergic diseases like asthma in children.
• Giving glowing skin The nuts are an excellent source of vitamin E (a-tocopherol).Peanuts are loaded with fibre which helps in flushing out the excess toxins from your body making it great for your skin.Vitamin E in peanuts helps in maintaining the integrity of cells of mucous membrane and the skin and thus protects them from free radicals which cause great damage.Vitamin C and Vitamin E which prevents fine line,dullness,acne,wrinkles and signs of ageing.
• Prevent hair lose Peanuts good source of omega3 fatty and l-arginine and amino acid. Its Help to health of artery walls and prevents blood clotting to improve blood flow.Vitamin C present in peanuts help in the production of collagen, which keeps the tissues in our hair together.A proper blood flow throughout the body and hair is imperative to get healthy and strong hair.
Uses of Peanuts
• Antioxidant, Resveratrol in peanuts prevents heart strokes by increasing the production of nitric oxide.
• Manganese in peanuts helps in calcium absorption, fats and carbohydrates metabolism and sugar level regulation in blood.
• Peanuts or peanut butter a week lowers the risk of developing gallstones.
• Groundnuts beneficial in the treatment of hemophilia and other such inherited blood disorders.
• Eating peanuts, helpful in reducing excessive menstruation bleeding in women.
• Peanuts(copper) reducing bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels.
• Peanuts contain dietary fiber which enhances digestion.
• Peanuts eating just one ounce of peanuts every week can reduce the risk of developing gallstones.
• Peanuts are very effective for treating skin problems like pustules, skin rashes and rosacea.
• Eating at least 2 spoons of peanut butter twice a week can reduce the risk of colon cancer.