Vitamins and minerals of pears
• Pears are a good source of dietary fiber. this fruit is one of the very low calorie fruits.
• They contain good quantities of vitamins C and k and other vitamins A &E.
• Pear are good sources of antioxidant flavonoids phyto-nutrients such as beta-carotene, lutein and zea-xanthin.
• Pears fruit is a good source of minerals such as copper, iron, potassium, manganese and magnesium as well as B-complex vitamins such as folates, riboflavin and pyridoxine (vitamin B-6).
Health Benefits of Pear
• Prevents constipation Fiber helps your body absorb the vitamins and minerals from your food. Pectin present in pears is diuretic and thus may have mild laxative effect. It also helps prevent and relieve constipation and can keep you from developing painful hemorrhoids as well. Consuming pear juice regularly helps to regulate bowel movements.
• Prevents cancer The high vitamin C and copper content act as good anti-oxidants that protect cells from damages by free radicals. The hydroxycinnamic acid found in pears is also associated with preventing stomach and lung cancer and also reduces the risk of breast cancer.
• Blood pressure Pear contains vitamin C and vitamin E,Anti-carcinogen glutathione and anti-oxidants present in pears help to prevent high blood pressure and stroke to the human body. Therefore nutritional benefits of Pears are more helpful for people suffering from heart diseases.
• Prevents diabetes Fruit is rich in soluble fiber that can lower cholesterol levels. Also contain insoluble fiber, which helps expedite metabolism system. Red pear contains anthocyanin, is an antioxidant that may help reduce insulin resistance, is a risk factor for developing diabetes.
• Prevents osteoporosis The boron rich pears can help to absorb the calcium consumed easily. So it helps in osteoporosis prevention.
• Pregnant women Folic acid is very important for a pregnant woman to keep the baby safe from birth defects. Eating pears during pregnancy helps to prevent neural tube defects in the baby. Pears also supply the body with essential vitamins and minerals that boost immunity and aid in fertility.
Uses of Pears
• Pears is useful in treating colitis, chronic gallbladder disorders, arthritis and gout.
• Vitamin C and copper are antioxidant nutrients, so eating pears is good for your immune system.
• The best way to bring a fever down quickly or sooth a sore throat is to drink a big glass of pear juice.
• Pear juice and pears help to prevent gallstones and kidney stones.
• Pears fruits help to prevent nausea and vomiting.
• Pear contain fiber is much essential for maintaining colon health.