Vitamins of Pistachios
• Pistachios are rich source of energy, they are rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and an excellent source of antioxidants. also good source of dietary fiber.
• Pistachios are rich source of many phyto-chemical substances that may contribute to their overall antioxidant activity, carotenes, Crypto-xanthin-ß and Lutein-zeaxanthin, vitamin E, and polyphenolic antioxidant compounds.
• Pistachios are an excellent source of vitamin-E , A and C. vitamin-E rich in gamma-tocopherol and powerful lipid soluble antioxidant.
• Pistachios are an excellent source of B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates.
• Pistachios are an excellent source of minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
Health Benefits of Pistachios
• Increase Healthy Blood Pistachios are rich in Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 is essential to make hemoglobin, Hemoglobin is responsible for supplying oxygen from the lungs to the other parts of the body. Vitamin B6 is the protein that helps in carrying oxygen in the blood.
• Boost immunity system Pistachios good source of vitamins and powerful antioxidants and minerals. They increases immunity and fights various diseases and infections. Vitamin B6 is very important for a healthy immune system. This helps in building blood and proper blood supply throughout the body and maintain the health of lymphoid glands, such as the thymus, spleen and lymph nodes, ensuring the production of white blood cells that defend the body from infections.
• Heart Health They are rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and an excellent source of antioxidants. The healthy fats present in pistachios fight bad cholesterol and the fibre helps to eradicate cholesterol. Rich in dietary-fiber, mono-unsaturated fatty acids, and antioxidants help to prevent coronary artery disease and strokes by favoring healthy blood lipid profile.
• Reduces Diabetes Pistachios rich source of phosphorous. It helps in reducing the absorption of glucose in the blood. Phosphorous in pistachios helps in breaking down proteins into amino acids resulting in glucose tolerance. Eating pistachios may help to prevent Type 2 diabetes.
• Protect skin Pistachios are an excellent source of vitamin-E, especially rich in gamma-tocopherol. Pistachios powerful fat-soluble antioxidant, essential for maintaining the integrity of cell membranes and often recommended for healthy and beautiful skin. Vitamin E which fights signs of ageing, UV rays and can even prevent skin cancer. Pistachio oil is also used as a natural moisturizer which prevents dry skin. They protect your skin from sun damage, thereby reducing the odds of skin cancer and sunburns.
• Good for eyes Pistachios good source of antioxidant. They are rich in two cartenoids, zeaxanthin and lutein, which prevents damage from free radicals. They help in preventing free radicals and harmful UV-radiation to enter into the eye and making the eye muscle and tissue strong. Retina is also protected by carotenoids Pistachios help promoting healthy vision and are highly recommended to those struggling with any vision related issues.
Uses of Pistachios
• Vitamin E and Vitamin A, which reduces inflammation caused due to any problems in the body.
• Pistachio oil is also used as a natural moisturizer which prevents dry skin.
• Pistachio contain powerful antioxidants and minerals which aid in the defense against various microbial diseases.
• Eating pistachios in reasonable amounts can benefit the smooth functioning of the colon.
• Pistachios rich source of anti-oxidant levels in the body reduce cell death and risk of cancer.
• Vitamin B6 that reduces stress in the nervous system.
• Dietary fibre helps in proper digestion of the food and makes the intestines strong.