• Potatoes are one of the richest sources of starch, vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber.They are very good natural sources of both soluble and insoluble fiber.
• Potatoes are one of the richest sources of B-complex group of vitamins such as pyridoxine (vitamin B6), thiamin, niacin, pantothenic acid and folates.
• Potatoes contain good amounts of many essential minerals like Iron, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, copper and potassium.
• Potatoes contain good amount vitamin A, vitamin-C and antioxidant flavonoids like carotenes and zeaxanthins.
Health Benefits of Potatoes
• Weight gain Potatoes are rich in carbohydrates and less in protein, making it an ideal diet for those who want to increase their body weight. The vitamins contained in potatoes like vitamin C and B-complex.
• Help digestion They are very good natural sources of both soluble and insoluble fiber. The dietary fiber in them increases the bulk of the stool, thus, it helps prevent constipation, decrease absorption of dietary cholesterol and there by lower plasma LDL cholesterol.
• Skin care Fresh potato along with its skin is good source of antioxidant vitamin-C. Regular consume of foods rich in vitamin-C helps body develop resistance against infectious agents, pro-inflammatory free radicals. its also help to your skin as Dark Circles, Wrinkles Dark Spots, Blemishes. crushed raw potatoes, mixed with honey, can also be applied as a poultice in clearing the wrinkles and other skin blemishes due to aging.
• Reduces Inflammation Vitamin C in potatoes make them great antioxidants which repair cells in the body. Potatoes can relieve inflammation in the intestines and digestive system.
• For diabetic The fiber content slow digestion starch and absorption of simple sugars in the gut. It thus help keep blood sugar levels within the normal range and avoid wide fluctuations. Potato is considered as reliable source of carbohydrates in diabetics.
Uses of Potatoes
• Potatoes rich fiber content also helps protect from colon polyps and cancer.
• Raw potatoes can also be applied to burns and rashes to ease the swelling and pain.
• Potato rich in fiber content, helps protect from colon polyps and cancer.
• Potato can be used as a natural facial cleanser.
• flavonoid antioxidant, quercetin present in potatoes has anti-cancer and cardio-protective properties.