Vitamins and minerals of spinach
• Spinach contains very low calories, fats and good amount of soluble dietary fiber.
• Spinach leaves are rich source of several vital anti-oxidant vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin C, and flavonoid poly phenolic antioxidants such as lutein, zea-xanthin and beta-carotene.
• Spinach leaves are an excellent source of vitamin K,vitamin A and flavonoids.
• Spinach leaves also contains good amounts of many B-complex vitamins such as vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine), thiamin (vitamin B-1), riboflavin, folates and niacin.
• Spinach leaves also rich source of omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant.
• Spinach leaves also contain a good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc.
Health Benefits of Spinach
• Help lose weight Spinach contains very low calories, fats and good amount of soluble dietary fiber. Spinach is rich in nutrients like Vitamin C and iron, which improves your metabolism helping you burn calories at a faster rate. This vegetable to helping in cholesterol controlling and weight controlling in our body.
• Heart health Good source of minerals like, Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure. Manganese and copper are used by the body as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase. Copper is required in the production of red blood cells. Spinach is packed with nutrients like antioxidants, Vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids and folic acid which are great for your heart.
• Prevents eyes problem Spinach rich source of vitamin A and antioxidants such as lutein, zea-xanthin and beta-carotene. Vitamin A is required for maintaining healthy mucus membranes and skin and is essential for normal eye-sight.Lutein and Zeaxanthin are great for your eyes, and prevents ailments like cataracts and age-related macular degeneration also night blindness.
• Prevents brain problem Spinach leaves are an excellent source of vitamin K.The antioxidants present in spinach can protect the brain from free radical damage caused due to ageing.Additionally, it also has established role in patients with Alzheimer’s disease by neuronal damage in the brain.
• Help for skin Spinach is a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin K , vitamin C and folate. Vitamin A improves skin tone whereas vitamin C plays an important role in the repair as well as growth of skin cells. The antioxidants present in spinach prevent wrinkles ,signs of ageing, acne, bruising on the skin and dark circles.
• Prevents cancer risk Spinach rich in vitamin A and flavonoids- a phytonutrient with anti-cancer properties. it has been found to be effective in slowing down cell division in human stomach and skin cancer cells. Spinach help to protect from lung and oral cavity cancers.
Uses of spinach
• Spinach is rich in fibre which helps cure constipation, colitis and ulcers.
• Spinach contain calcium, which strengthens your teeth.
• Folates help prevent neural tube defects in the offspring.
• Spinach contain vitamin K help to maintaining bone health.
• It contains anti-inflammatory properties which helps in reducing arthritis pain.
• Spinach contain iron, consuming with other leafy vegetables can be great for fighting anemia.