Vitamins of tomatoes
• Tomato contain very low in any fat and cholesterol levels. Tomato are excellent sources of antioxidants, dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins. often recommend them to be included in cholesterol controlling and reducing weight.
• Lycopene, a flavonoid antioxidant and phytochemical, The Lycopene antioxidant present in tomatoes – protective of cancers, including colon, prostate, breast, endometrial, lung, and pancreatic tumors. Together with carotenoids, it can protect cells and other structures in the body from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
• Tomatoes contains very good levels of vitamin A, and flavonoid anti-oxidants such as α and ß-carotenes, xanthins and lutein.These property maintain healthy mucus membranes and skin, and bone health. vegetables rich in flavonoids is known to help protect from lung and oral cavity cancers.
• Tomatoes are good source of antioxidant vitamin c and B-complex vitamins such as folates, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin as well some essential minerals like iron, calcium, manganese. vitamin C helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful free radicals.
• Fresh tomato is very rich in potassium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure caused by sodium.
Health Benefits of Tomato
• Good for Heart Health Tomatoes are a very good source of potassium Vitamin B. They are effective in reducing cholesterol levels and lowering blood pressure. Vitamin B6 and folate, each present in tomatoes in good amounts, are both needed by the body to convert a potentially dangerous chemical called homocysteine into other, benign molecules. Better that these compounds can also prevent other statement, such as stroke and heart attack.
• Make strong Bones The vitamin K and calcium present in tomatoes help in building strong bones. Both of these nutrients are essential in strengthening and performing minor repairs on the bones as well as the bone tissue. Vitamin K in tomatoes helps osteocalcin do its work to harden calcium and make bones strong.
• Help to Cancer Lycopene is a natural antioxidant that works effectively to slow the growth of cancerous cells. they are a natural source of fighting against several cancers, including prostate, cervical, stomach, colon, rectal, prostate and ovarian cancer. Eating tomatoes reduce the risk of many cancers, and prostate cancer in particular. Very high levels of lycopene in tomatoes works to reduce your chances of developing prostate, colorectal and stomach cancer.
• Gives glowing Skin Tomatoes have an anti-ageing affect on our body as they contain antioxidant lycopene which is easily absorbed by our body thereby leaving you with a Brighten face, Smooth the face, Treating acne(Boil the tomatoes, then cut into pieces. Rub a slice of tomato on the acne, only 10mintues),reduce Blackheads, healthy skin and hair. Leave the tomatoes on your face for a minimum of ten minutes, then wash. Your face will feel clean and shiny.
• Reduce Diabetics Eating at least 2 tomatoes every day can reduce oxidative stress type 2 diabetes. Tomatoes are packed full of the valuable mineral known as chromium. They are effective to help diabetics keep their blood sugar levels under better control.
• Make strong Eyes They have anti oxidant properties as they are high sources of vitamin C and vitamin A. Vitamin A is essential to maintaining the health of the retina. Eating tomatoes is one of the best foods to eat to prevent the development of night blindness. The Vitamin A especially wards off macular degeneration and improves eyesight.
• Prevents cell Damage Tomatoes are a rich source of antioxidants such as vitamin C and Vitamin A, these vitamins help in preventing DNA damage from free radicals. This is primarily because these vitamins and beta-carotene work as antioxidants to neutralize harmful free radicals in the blood.
Uses of Tomatoes
• tomatoes can reduce the amount of damaged done to your body by smoking cigarettes.
• The Vitamin A in tomatoes works perfectly to keep your hair shiny and strong.
• Tomatoes eat without seeds to reduce the risk of kidney stones.
• High amounts of antioxidants lycopene and beta-carotene in tomatoes neutralize free radicals and help reduce inflammation.
• Tomatoes are powerful blood purifiers and clear up urinary tract infections.
• Tomatoes are a good source of riboflavin, helpful for reducing the frequency of migraine attacks.
• Drinking low sodium tomato juice, can prevent inflammatory diseases like osteoporosis and Alzheimer’s.
• Tomatoes are excellent sources of calcium, magnesium, and potassium and can aid in preventing acidosis.