Vitamins and minerals of Walnuts
• Walnuts Contain high levels of anti-oxidants, like as melatonin, ellagic acid, vitamin E, carotenoids, and poly-phenolic compounds.
• Excellent source of vitamin Vitamin K & E, Vitamin E, especially rich in gamma-tocopherol.
• Walnuts contain many of the B Complex vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates.
• Walnuts rich source of minerals like manganese, copper, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
• Walnuts good source of omega 3 fatty acids, an ant-inflammatory fatty acid. They are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and an excellent source of all important omega-3 essential fatty acids like linoleic acid, alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and arachidonic acids.
Health Benefits of Walnuts
• Reduces heart disease Walnuts are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids like linoleic acid, alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and arachidonic acids.Omega-3 fatty acids also helps in reduce bad cholesterol and encourages the production of good cholesterol. walnuts are very beneficial to all aspects of the cardiovascular system(like asthma, rheumatoid arthritis). Eat few walnuts per day may help to reduce blood pressure.
• Prevent cancer risk Walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids, phytosterols and antioxidants including melatonin, ellagic acid, vitamin E, carotenoids, and poly-phenolic compounds .beta-sitosterol (a phytosterol) in combination with gama-tocopherol (vitamin E) prevent against cancer cell growth. These compounds help to against pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer breast cancer aging, inflammation, and neurological diseases.
• Help sleep and stress Walnuts are a rich source of fibre, antioxidants, and unsaturated fatty acids, particularly alpha linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid. Walnuts contain bio-available melatonin helping for sleep and walnuts contain omega 3 fatty acids keep blood pressure low helping you relive stress and also good for brain system.
• Pregnancy period Walnuts contain good source of B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates. Those compound found in walnuts can reduce the baby’s chances of developing food allergies. These are necessary for a pregnant woman and the fetus.
• Make strong bones Walnuts contain omega 3 fatty, called alpha linolenic acid. This compound has been associated with stronger, healthier bones. The fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals can boost your health and help you to avoid eating too many other foods that are high in calories but low in nutrition.
• Makes your skin glow Walnuts are rich in B-vitamins and antioxidants Vitamin E, a natural antioxidant, helps in fighting the free radicals induced due to stress and also prevents your skin from free radical damage and prevents wrinkles and signs of ageing. Eat walnuts, if you want glowing skin long into your middle-age.
Uses Of Walnuts
• Even though walnuts are high in calories and contain fat, they can actually help you to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
• Walnuts are rich in fiber prevent digestive problems and keep your bowels functioning properly.
• The selenium, zinc, biotin and essential fatty acids in walnuts help to promote healthy, shiny, strong hair.
• Walnuts have high amounts of anti-oxidants in them that help in keeping your immune system healthy.
• Walnut is recommended for patients with liver ailments.
• Vitamin E and flavanoids in walnuts helped destroy harmful free radical chemicals that cause dementia.