When the change in weather, viral cough and cold are common ailments that kids and adults suffer from.Many home remedies are popular treatments for the common cold and cough.
Home Remedies for Cold and Cough
- A wonderful home remedy for adults or kids suffering from a cough uses brown cane sugar, raw honey or stevia and red onions to make a soothing and tasty cough syrup. The cough syrup contains a range of nutrients, vitamins and minerals from the onion and the honey to help fight infection and soothe sore throats and quiet a cough. Take a spoonful as needed.
- The simplest home remedy is to consume a mixture of one teaspoon of lemon juice and two teaspoons of honey. Take it every two hours to get immense relief from your cold and sore throat.
- For a runny nose, mix equal amounts of dry ginger powder, clarified butter (ghee) and jaggery (gur), a natural sweetener. Consume this mixture daily in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Mullein tea is well-known for relieving chest congestion from coughs, colds and the flu. It acts as an expectorant, loosening trapped mucous and soothing sore throats
- Boil four to five chopped garlic cloves in a cup of water and add one teaspoon of honey. Drink it two to three times a day.
- You can also make a paste of ginger, cloves and salt and eat one-half teaspoon of it two times a day.
- Drink herbal tea, Chamomile, mint, and ginger tea each have properties that soothe the throat and act as mild decongestants.
- If you are suffering from a runny nose, put pepper on your food when you eat a meal. You can also gargle with a teaspoon of black pepper mixed in a glass of warm water.
- If you cannot eat or drink pepper, you can still benefit from smelling pepper throughout the day.