What is Asthma ?
Asthma is a disease in which the airways that bring air to and from your lungs get affected and people suffering from this chronic condition are said to be asthmatic.
The inside walls of an asthmatic’s airways get swollen or inflamed. This swelling or inflammation, in result, makes the airways very sensitive to irritations and thus increases your weakness to an allergic reaction.
As inflammation causes the airways to become contracted, in this case less air could pass through them, both to and from the lungs.
Sign And Symptoms Of Asthma
Its very common Sign And Symptoms Of Asthma include wheezing (a heckling sound while breathing), chest tightness, breathing problems and coughing as well. The patients of asthma usually experience these above mentioned symptoms more frequently during the night and in the early morning.
The most common Sign And Symptoms Of Asthma are:
• Facing difficulty in breathing
• Producing a wheezing or whistling sound while breathing
• Congested chest
• Feeling tired very soon while doing any physical activity
• Recurrent cold and cough
• Unease in sleeping
Causes Of Asthma
Asthma causes are different from person to person and could include airborne allergens, such as pollen, animal dander, mold, cockroaches and dust mites. besides that some other things that could trigger asthma comprises respiratory infections (such as the common cold), cold air, and air pollutants and nuisances, such as smoke. At glance, following are a few very common causes for asthma;
• Any kind of allergies allergies
• Smoking and tobacco chewing
• Some environmental factors, like air pollution
• Obesity could also be a factor to cause asthma
• Anxiety, tension, and depression
• Lung infection during childhood
• Untimely birth
• Certain foods, like fish, soy, eggs, peanuts, etc. could also produce asthma.
Prevention Of Causes
By following some simple steps you may avoid this disease on your own.
Always use allergy-proof covers on pillows and mattresses.
Wash bedding weekly in hot water so as to get rid of dust mites and use a dehumidifier to reduce excess moisture.
Besides these steps;
• Also learn about your asthma and things affecting it and avoid them.
• Follow medicines as your doctor prescribes.
• Keep track of your asthma symptoms and level of control.
• Consult your doctor for regular checkups for your asthma.